Pouch for Tablet and/or Notebook – Red Leaves
Handmade pouch made from an old traditional kimono that we recycled. This pouch will be useful to carry safely your touch tablets or your notebooks.
- Interior cotton lining
- Pocket width: 20.5cm // Zipper opening width: 17.80 max
- Pocket length: 27cm
- Thickness: 1.5cm
- Antique fabric
- Provenance: JAPAN
- Handmade in France, in Albi
- Reference: PI0004
Examples compatible tablet models : Ipad 10,2″; Ipad Air, IpadPro 11″ (not the 12,9″ model), Ipad 9,7″, Galaxi TabS7, HuaweiMedia PadT3….
Examples notebook models: A5/ B5/ schoolboy size (17cmx22cm)…
In the photos, this is an Ipad 10,2″, 8th generation, 2020.
Out of stock
About this Japanese pouch:
The fabric used for this pouch is that of a silk kimono which we have transformed. A kimono is a traditional Japanese garment where each piece is unique because it is handmade. When bought new, a kimono costs several thousand euros. Nowadays, the kimono is unfortunately being lost, due to the difficulty of dressing oneself and the lack of opportunity to wear it. Nowadays, one can wear a kimono for a wedding, for an official ceremony or to attend cultural and artistic performances (theatre, flower arrangement, tea ceremony…).
With Monoya Tokyo, we wanted to give a second life to these kimono and more broadly to these traditional fabrics, which are somewhat neglected by the Japanese but whose refinement and quality of fabric are incredible.
We use quality fabrics to make our creations and we are careful to only use textiles that are in very good overall condition; however, there may be marks of time on these fabrics that are several decades old, witnesses to their past histories. Please keep this in mind before ordering.
Depending on the cut of the kimono, the selected part may not be exactly the same as the product picture. If there is a big difference, we will contact you by e-mail with a picture of the product and you can decide whether or not to accept the order.
Washing is not recommended.
From 1 December 2020, orders will be shipped from France.
Products are delivered to the delivery address given during the ordering process or to the nearest relay point.
- For metropolitan France, we offer two possibilities: a home delivery via Colissimo or a collection at a relay point with Mondial Relay. The rate applied corresponds to the weight of the parcel and you can find the rate grids on the carriers’ websites.
- For Belgium, two possibilities as well: a home delivery via the Post Office and their service dedicated to companies, Delivengo Easy, or a collection in a relay point with Mondial Relay.
- For zone 1 in Europe (Germany, Denmark, Spain, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, the United Kingdom and Sweden), we use the Post Office with their dedicated service for businesses, Delivengo Easy, for home delivery with tracking.
- For zone 2 of Europe and other countries in the World (Canada, USA, Japan, Norway and Switzerland), we also use the Post Office with the dedicated business service Delivengo Easy for home delivery with tracking.
Weight per item, ready to ship:
- Pouch: 350g
As stated in our Terms and Conditions of Sale, the prices of our items are quoted in Euros excluding VAT, excluding shipping costs. As micro-entrepreneurs, we are not subject to VAT, according to Article 293B of the CGI, so we do not charge it to our customers.
In case of an order to a country outside the European Union, you are the importer of the product(s) concerned. You may be required to pay customs duties, import duties or other local taxes. These duties and amounts vary by country and are beyond the control of Monoya Tokyo. They will be at your expense and are your sole responsibility. We advise you to check with your local authorities about these aspects before placing an order.
For any order of more than two identical items, please contact us by message here.
In general, please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.